miniDSP’s UMIK-1 and UMIK-2 omnidirectional USB measurement microphones work perfectly with Room EQ Wizard (REW), Dirac Live and other popular measurement software. Both models come with individual calibration files for horizontal and vertical placement, to provide highly accurate measurements in either orientation.
The lower cost UMIK-1 microphone has a sample rate of 48 kHz, which allows it to measure audio frequencies up to 24 kHz. It covers the entire audible band and provides more than enough bandwidth for subwoofer integration or room correction duties, where attention is mostly focused on the low frequencies.
For those who want to understand the behaviour of their speakers or room beyond the audible band and into the ultrasonic, miniDSP offers the UMIK-2. UMIK-2 is equipped with a larger, more sensitive microphone capsule and a higher end analogue to digital converter (ADC), which provides a maximum sample rate of 192 kHz. This enables UMIK-2 to reliably measure frequencies up to 96 kHz (two full octaves more than UMIK-1).
- USB audio reference measurement microphone
- Unique calibration files for each microphone
- 1/2″ capsule on 60 UNS thread
- 32 bit 44.1 kHz – 192 kHz recording
- Custom Windows ASIO drivers and plug and play on macOS and Linux
- Low noise floor preamps and ADC (120 dB dynamic range)
- Compatible with a wide range of measurement software, including REW and Dirac Live
- Supplied with USB cable (type A to type C), mini tripod, microphone clamp and wind screen