Every listening room resonates on low frequencies. Because of this, even the best hifi system may not sound as good as expected. Much of the audio content get masked by the resonances, introducing unwanted characteristics (such as “slowness” and “boominess”) to the sound. This problem is most pronounced when speakers or subwoofers are placed close to walls or corners of the room.
The Golden Ear awarded Anti-Mode™ technology eliminates the resonances of the speaker and the room by equalizing both amplitude and time domain responses, using very accurate digital signal processing filter structures. The result is balanced sound throughout the audible range and seamless integration of the subwoofer and the main speakers. Transient response is also drastically improved in the process, making bass sound faster and more controlled.
The DSPeaker Anti-Mode X4 is a reference-class DAC and a versatile preamplifier with built-in room correction. The Anti-Mode X4 is very easy to use. The calibration process is completely automatic. It generates frequency sweeps to the desired calibration point and measures and corrects the combined response of the main speakers, two optional subwoofers and the room.
Everything that you need to calibrate your 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2 system is included in the box, including a measurement microphone and stand.
- Flagship DSPeaker audio processor
- Versatile connectivity. Connect up to 10 digital and analogue audio sources
- Integrates and optimises speakers and multiple subwoofers
- Built-in headphone amplifier including optional DSP auralisation
- Patented automatic THD optimising digital crossover
- Plug and play. No special expertise is required to calibrate and use it