The miniDSP SHD is a high performance 2 in / 4 out digital audio processor incorporating Dirac Live® room correction. It has analogue and digital inputs and outputs, including built-in music streaming. The SHD heralds a new era in affordable yet powerful DSP-equipped network music streamers.
- Powerful Dirac Live® 3.x digital room correction
- Powered by miniDSP’s new Device Console for over the air upgrades and live real-time control of DSP settings
- Quad core ARM processor for network audio streaming
- 32 bit floating point 450 MHz Analog Devices SHARC DSP
- Stream via Roon, Volumio, Tidal / Tidal Connect, Spotify Connect and Qobuz
- Multiple digital (USB, AES, S/PDIF coaxial and optical) and analogue (balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA) inputs
- Digital coaxial, analogue balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA outputs
- All output channels are available via USB audio for recording
- OLED front panel display and rotary encoder for volume control, input and preset switching
- Remote control handset with easy access to volume control, input and preset selection
Versatile streaming options
The miniDSP SHD is a certified Roon Ready network player. Being Roon Ready means that the SHD is fully compatible with your Roon Core music server and Roon Remote apps. Roon provides an incredible user interface, simple setup, rock solid reliability and the highest levels of audio performance.
The quad core processor in the SHD also runs Volumio, a popular open source network streamer, providing web-based access to music files from sources as diverse as a USB stick to Internet Radio and Spotify, Tidal and Qobuz subscription services. Volumio can be controlled using your web browser or the native apps available for Android and iPhone / iPad.
The SHD has extensive connectivity options. In addition to digital inputs and outputs similar to those found on the SHD Studio audio processor, the SHD also has analogue inputs and outputs.
Three digital inputs, two analogue inputs and a USB audio input enable the SHD to fit easily into any modern audio system. The four output channels are available as single ended RCA and balanced XLR analogue, as well as S/PDIF digital.
Powerful DSP tools
In addition to Dirac Live, the miniDSP SHD includes a comprehensive suite of powerful integration and room correction tools. Each of the four output channels provides ten band parametric EQ, crossovers up to 48 dB / octave, gain and delay trim controls, and a compressor / limiter.
With the SHD’s flexible 2 x 4 matrix mixer, you have complete control over signal routing. You can route any input channel to any output channel, and optionally mix channels to mono. This makes it easy to integrate mono or stereo subwoofers, or build crossovers for a two way active speaker.