The Exposure XM CD is Exposure’s latest compact disc player and forms part of their XM series of compact half width components. It uses a top-loading mechanism with a magnetic retaining puck to secure the disc, which provides excellent stability. The top-loading mechanism and puck also add a bit of theatre to the everyday task of changing CDs.
It is equipped with RCA analogue outputs, which makes it compatible with pretty much any analogue preamplifier or integrated amplifier. It also has BNC coaxial and Toslink optical digital outputs, so you can use it as a transport with your preferred choice of digital to analogue converter (DAC).
Available in black or titanium finish, XM Series components may be small in size but they are big on features and performance. With unmatched levels of sound quality and clarity, the XM series conveys music with outstanding realism.
- PCM 1716 24 bit DAC to provide very high resolution
- Top loading mechanism with magnetic retaining puck
- Use it as a complete CD player or as a CD transport
- CD display can be turned off using the remote
- Highly optimised audio output circuitry with multiple stages of regulation
- Large toroidal power transformer with separate windings for the transport mechanism and audio stages
- High stability crystal clock reference and dedicated power supply regulator for the transport and audio stages, for exceptionally low jitter
- High quality double-sided PCBs for optimum layout and screening
- All aluminium casework and extruded front panel to control resonance and stray electromagnetic fields
- Remote control
- Three year guarantee
- Available in black or titanium