The Flex Eight is the 2 in / 8 out member of the miniDSP Flex family of advanced audio processors. miniDSP’s flexible hardware architecture has enabled them to cram a full eight channels of digital signal processing (DSP) and a world-class analogue output stage into the Flex Eight’s compact enclosure.
With multiple digital inputs and eight RCA analogue output channels, the miniDSP Flex Eight can be used to implement crossovers for a pair of four way active speakers, integrate six subwoofers with a pair of stereo speakers or whatever else you can imagine. Flexible 2 in / 8 out signal routing supports many other configurations such as two way, three way and multiple subwoofers. As always, a full suite of miniDSP’s proven audio processing functionality is included. miniDSP Flex Eight offers FIR filters and parametric EQ on the input channels, and parametric EQ, crossovers, advanced biquad programming and delay on each output channel.
Flex Eight has USB audio, S/PDIF (RCA and optical) and Bluetooth (LDAC / aptX) stereo digital inputs. An OLED display and volume control / rotary encoder on the front panel provides easy control, and an infrared remote control handset is included for even greater convenience. Last but not least, firmware updates are delivered over the Internet via the new Device Manager app for macOS and Windows, and you can add two channel Dirac Live® full range room and speaker correction by purchasing an optional licence.
The miniDSP Flex Eight is the perfect solution for a modern compact integrated active speaker or multiple subwoofer system. You just need to let your creativity do the rest.
- 32 bit floating point 400 MHz Analog Devices SHARC digital signal processor
- Multi-core XMOS USB audio processor
- 2 input channels and 8 output channels
- Optional upgrade to Dirac Live® 3.x full range digital room correction
- Audiophile performance with very low noise floor and distortion
- USB, coaxial and optical digital inputs
- Bluetooth input with LDAC™ and aptX™ HD
- RCA analogue outputs
- USB recording option
- OLED front panel display, rotary encoder and remote control